"Camp Couchiching Can..." be many things to many people but we need your help! Please help us out with fundraising, donations & lobbying!
(Scroll to the bottom of this page, below the "help camp now" button, for lobbying insight)
Camp Couchiching's 2020 season was completely closed. We lost all of our revenue for Spring, Summer and Fall. At Camp Couchiching, we plan on roaring back with a "best ever" 2021 season which is also our 75th Anniversary.
We do need your help though. We have fundraising and advocacy opportunities!
We don't have enough revenue to move things forward this year. Annual expenses include water testing, insurance, environmental compliance, payments for our database, safety inspections, staff development, and various association fees. We require fundraising efforts as well as government subsidies to come back strong for our 75th season in 2021.
If you can, please donate funds for our camp &/or help us lobby the government for support for Summer Overnight Camps. Day Camps have been affected too but not to the same extent that our Overnight Camp has been.
Because we are a registered charity we are able to send charitable donation receipts for cash or product donations to reflecting your generosity!
DONATIONS & FUNDRAISING
Here are some ways you can raise money on our behalf or support fundraisers:
- Some workplaces offer donation matching programs, we have raised approximately $25,000 this way already! Ask your employer to see if your workplace has this type of offering or check here. In most cases you'll only need to provide a donation receipt to them to be eligible and we can help you with that.
- Buy Gift Cards through FundScrip (you buy a $10 gift card (or a bunch of them) for $10 + shipping and Camp receives a percent of every sale! We get even more $ when you pay by e-transfer). Use CODE 558KLG on this website: https://www.fundscrip.com/support-a-group
- Buy one of Kendra's Cookbooks! Kendra has been the head of our Food Services for over a decade and she's worked with Ross to create the cutest cookbook with many of her (our!) favourite recipes. In true Kendra fashion, she has included ways to adapt recipes for dietary considerations and restrictions. Sales will continue throughout 2021, our 75th anniversary year. Click here to buy your cookbooks! (scroll to the bottom of this page to see the cover photo)
- Host an an online or virtual event and request that people donate through your event in exchange for "entry". Then donate what you raised to Camp Couchiching on behalf of your donors/supporters. An example of this would be the volunteer-hosted Alumni Cooch Games in May/June which raised $4,000. What ideas do you have? An online trivia game? Donations to Camp in lieu of your gifts (3 different Facebook campaigns have raised over $6,000 for the Camp in the past 6 months)? Anything goes!
- Purchase our official clothing and merch e-store (newly updated for end of season & holiday season items)by clicking here.
- Purchase items from our arts & design collective e-store (attention- the pricing through this website is in US funds): https://thecouchichingcollective.threadless.com/
- Buy name labels through Mabel's Labels and we get a percentage of that https://mabelslabels.ca/ (once you're in then click "Support a Fundraiser" then type in Camp Couchiching to support our fundraiser)
- Help us get ready for our October 2021 Silent Auction! In October 2020, we raised over $12,000 thanks to many generous donations! We have a great lineup of products so far including lots of great, unique, Camp merchandise!
- Set up a monthly plan of giving. Reach out and we can set that up or use the Red "donate now" button (below) to do this through Canada Helps.
- Donate Mutual Funds &/or Securities- A donation of securities or mutual funds is the most efficient way to give charitably. Since capital gains taxes don't apply, our charity receives the full fair market value when the security is sold, and you get a tax receipt which reﬂects your larger contribution. This allows you to give more and get more. There are only 3 steps to do this and we can only do this through our Canada Helps link-
Do you have a great idea for us? Let us know and we'll promote it here!
Our Goal is $200,000
Amounts Raised To Date:
- June 3: $5,000 (Raised mostly through Alumni Donations)
- June 11:$28,000 (Raised mostly through Parent Donations)
- July 14: $43,000 (Combo of Parent/Family Donations & Alumni Donations)
- Sept 21: $68,000 (Same sources of last post)
- Oct 15: $75,000 (Same sources from above)
- Nov 30: $90,000 (Same sources as above but we added some new external donors too!)
- Dec 7: $96,000 (Dec 1 Giving Tuesday campaign)
- Jan 11, 2021: $104,000 (End of year donations, Alum)
(Donate to Camp through Canada Helps website)
LastUpdate: 2021-01-11 17:27:35